Teaming Up With a FreeCAD Dev!

If you follow my FreeCAD YouTube channel you'll have seen the quantity of videos that I have produced.  At time of speaking over 340 videos are available to watch at:

https://www.youtube.com/@MangoJellySolutions 

These are being added to weekly and currently I have been non stop averaging 2 videos a week.  This includes also making content for Patreon, replying to comments and questions (my inbox is constantly full so please bear with me) and managing the many aspects of being a teacher and content creator (including starting this blog).

Most of my video's are 'adhoc' but I do have some long running series / themes such as:

Learning FreeCAD for Beginners

Understanding FreeCAD

Curves Workbench Series

Lattice2 Series

Lately I have started working with a developer who has extensive knowledge of the FreeCAD code base, the hope this is going to unlock the secrets of FreeCAD and bring more value to the channel.  In exchange I am helping him understand YouTube as a creator, setting up his account and teaching him some basic video editing (which I am still learning).  If you want to follow him I will leave a link here https://www.youtube.com/@FreeCADGuy

Here is a small list to give you a taste of some of the projects we are brainstorming:

Indexing the video collection:  

An attempt to allow easy location of techniques and the applications they can be used for.  Let's take the curves workbench series for example, with over 40 videos it's hard to figure out where to start if your looking for a certain tool or want to apply a certain application.  By examining each video content along with the comments by you the viewers we hope to build a dataset of keywords and thumbnails to help guide creators to the correct video.  It's a big project but it's got to start some day!

Workflows that you would never thought existed:

Two minds, one with knowledge of the code-base and another who solves problems as career we think we can deliver even more value to the viewer.  Being able to make these videos with the knowledge and research I put in is one thing, but having someone who knows the inner workings of the beast is another.

New Ideas:

We have already brainstormed a number of ideas to expand the channel.  From random challenges to a new series I just hope time would stand still so we can make a start.  If I could do this full time that would help (small plug: You could help with donations https://ko-fi.com/mang0 and Patreons (www.patreon.com/mangojellysolutions) to help me achieve this dream.

Please follow https://www.youtube.com/@FreeCADGuy and view his play area where he tests certain workflows, makes tutorials and plays with freeCAD in general.  Hopefully he will be writing some articles for this blog as well!

Though the good news there has been some minor set backs this year, I couldn't get the 3D Printer up and running properly; it's been out of action due to waiting on me being able to get the funds so I can replace a part and also trying to figure out some kind of ventilation for the laser cutter, but hopefully these will be sorted early in the new year.

I just like to thank everyone for their kind support and hope you all have a great festive holiday and a happy new year.  


Comments

  1. Hi there,
    I'd like to help with your ventilation problem, let me know what you need and I'll dig out what we have.
    This is a FOC offer as a thank you for the tutorials you have produced that helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your offer, its very kind of you, even if you can offer some advice I would be more than greatful. The problem I have is that it's in a basement so looking at more filtration than ventilation. The closest I think I got to finding a possible solution is something like this build. But I'm not sure if it's over kill https://youtu.be/BTTTxA3fuNQ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reference Images For Beginners FreeCAD: Exercise 5.1 & 5.2

Beginner FreeCAD Tutorial 14: Reference Document for Exercise 1

FreeCAD For Beginners: CAD Thinking Part 1